They say that moving house can be one of the most stressful things you will do in your life, so being organised before you move can keep this stress to a minimum.
- Firstly have your mail is re-directed with Royal mail
- Tell your bank you are moving and any other finance companies you have dealings with
- Take final metering readings for your gas and electric, even an idea to photograph these for your records
- Update with the electoral roll
- Update the TV license with your new property address
- Arrange with your cable and broadband providers to have this installed at your new property
- Apply for a parking permit at your new property if you need one
- If you have any subscriptions or services, inform them of your new address and if you want them to continue there, such as window cleaners and milkmen
So here is a simple little check list of a few important things that people can tend to forget about that can be done in advance.